I have been offered a temporary (3 years) post doc in Australia with a salary and superannuation.

As an American,

  • Can I access this money? Is there a penalty?
  • Can I transfer it to a tax-advantaged American account?
  • Is it held in an investment vehicle? Can I choose it?
  • If I do not retire in Australia, can I still let it sit in an Australian investment vehicle until I am retirement age and then withdraw from it?

Leave a reply

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>