I work on an Oceanic language that has a specific word for the appearance of wet hair – ‘ngengere‘. It can apply to people just emerged from water or having put on a lot of hair oil, or wet dogs, or even a wet bird. Have I missed a word in English that grasps this idea?

N.B. ‘wet-hair look’ I think is not useful – that’s more of a fashion term. ‘Bedraggled’ in my mind weights a value of ‘dejected’ rather than maintaining a neutral descriptive tone. I’m not so keen on ‘plastered’ or ‘matted’ either.

Leave a reply

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>