This question already has an answer here:
Recently, a friend of mine and I have co-authored a mathematics paper which mathematically models pressurized flow from a water tank. We are now thinking of getting our paper published. Both of us are high school students.
Could anybody please suggest any journals that accept papers by high school students? The journal need not be specifically aimed at high school students; we are looking for a journal which might accept a paper of our level (our paper involves mathematical modelling, calculus, fluid dynamics, and first order differential equations). The only names I know that we might be interested in are (in order of chances of acceptance):
- “The College Mathematical Journal” published by the MAA
- “East Asian Journal on Applied Mathematics” published by the Cambridge University Press
- “Applied Mathematical Modelling” published by Elsevier
- “The Quarterly Journal of Mechanics and Applied Mathematics” published by the Oxford University press
- “Advances in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics” published by the Cambridge University Press
- “The IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics” published by the Oxford University Press
I was told that one can apply to only one journal at a time. How true is this statement?