I have been very concerned about a friend who is considering studying PhD here in the UK. He wants to study music composition in RCM / Trinity Laban / guildhall music school.

I have been thinking about the financial issues he will be facing as a EU student (coming from EU).

I know that the government is offering up to £25000 Doctoral loan, but that is definitely not be enough to cover the living cost + fee, and also if he is applying for Doctoral loan, he won’t be able to apply for any scholarships / other funding.

I am desperate to look for an answer for him, I would love to know what are the options? and what type of funding is available? or ‘stipend?’ or teaching/working for the Uni during his PhD?

(I honestly don’t know much about PhD but I want to help him, and I have been digging through the web for every piece of info i could find.)

Any thoughts / inputs are much appreciated. 🙂

Thank you.

Leave a reply

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>