I am currently an adjunct professor.

I’m wondering how to best label this on my CV.

Specifically, should I use “Adjunct Professor”, “instructor”, “instructor of record”, etc. as my job title?

  • I think adjunct (unfortunately) has a negative connotation associated with it, so I’m worried that my experience will be devalued if I include adjunct in my job title/description.

  • Does using just “Professor” imply that I am a full -time tenured professor?

So what is the best way to go about titling my adjunct position at this institution on my CV?

My supervisor is the dean of an engineering department at my university. Should I address him as Dean Smith or Professor Smith? Personally, dean sounds a little clunky for me talking to my faculty supervisor but I’ve been using it so far, and he hasn’t really mentioned anything about it.

Is it normal to address someone as dean or should I start using professor instead?

Also, I don’t know if he’s the type to care about such things.