I want to to translate my math preprint to Russian. Actually, the preprint is already translated, but I’m in doubt should I include the Russian version together with the English, earlier version of the preprint (available at kolosovpetro.github.io/series_representation_of_power_function). If it’s acceptable to combine two language versions of math articles, can you provide some examples?

Is it acceptable to write a paper in English and add a a Russian translation at the end of the English version?

I am currently doing my master’s in German and need to start writing my thesis. Although I am already comfortable speaking the language, writing (especially academic papers) is not something I feel great about. Also, my thesis is a big deal. Legally speaking, could I write it in English and have it translated? It would still be my work.

Are translators of mathematical texts (books or articles or whatever) from a foreign language into English in demand today? Specifically, I’m interested in German and Russian. If they are, then what kind of organizations (or what specific organizations) are interested in such translators? Do people working for those organizations usually combine the translation job with a teaching and/or research job?

I have written a letter of recommendation for a student who is applying to study abroad (we are in the USA, she is applying to study in Spain). The institution she is applying to requested that letters be submitted in Spanish; since I do not speak or write Spanish fluently, I asked a close friend (a native speaker of Spanish) to translate the letter for me.

My question is how to indicate this properly on the letter. My current plan is to add, just below my signature, the phrase “Traducido por ___________” and then the translator’s name. Is that the right way to handle this, or is there something else I should be doing?

My colleague’s article was translated by another person and republished in the translated language but with double authors; he himself as principle author and the one who has translated the article. By the way, it might be plagiarism for the principle author, as he published the same article twice but not a plagiarism for the person who translated and published once?

I am looking for US equivalents of Russian academic titles, such as “Kandidat Nauk” and “Doctor Nauk”. I’ve done my research and come up with a list of translations of these terms. I’d like to know which of these translated titles are the most recognized/appropriate in the US academic world and whether they carry the full meaning of the Russian titles.

Кандидат наук – Ph.D./Doctoral Candidate/First Doctoral Degree

Доктор наук – Grand Ph.D./Senior Doctoral Degree/Higher Doctoral Degree/Second Doctoral Degree.

Here are some of the Internet sources I used: